Call for Nominations -- Mary Elizabeth "Ikey"
The Mary Elizabeth DeVasher
Distinguished Alumni Service Award
Distinguished Alumni Service Guidelines
- The purpose of the Mary Elizabeth DeVasher Distinguished Alumni Service Award is to provide recognition for outstanding achievements by alumni of Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia.
- The recipient will exemplify the attribute of service as reflected by Dr. DeVasher and the MTSA Mission.
II. Eligibility for Award
- Only living alumni of MTSA are eligible. For purposes of definition, an alumnus is any person who graduated in good standing from MTSA.
- The nominee shall have been an outstanding CRNA practitioner.
- The nominee shall have made significant contributions benefiting his/her community, state, chosen project, or MTSA.
- Current Trustees, Alumni Committee members, or MTSA Faculty, Staff, and Administrators are ineligible for this award.
III. Nature of the Award
- The award shall consist of a glass sculpture.
Nominations may be submitted by:
- Any alumnus of MTSA
- Any trustee, faculty, clinical faculty, or staff member of MTSA
- Any health or business professional
- All nominations must be in writing. Nominations must be accompanied by complete biographical and other pertinent information. Letters supporting candidate achievements are strongly encouraged by the nominator and other interested individuals.
- Regular nomination forms shall be used and may be secured from the MTSA Alumni Office.
- Nomination forms and supporting materials must be submitted by the September 15 annual deadline and addressed to: Distinguished Alumni Service Award, MTSA Alumni Office, P.O. Box 417, Madison, TN 37116.
- All nominations for the award will automatically be valid for the next two successive years. After that they must be resubmitted.
V. Selection of the Recipients
- The Distinguished Alumni Service Awards Committee shall be composed of four members, three of whom shall be alumni of MTSA and one shall be the MTSA Vice President for Alumni & Advancement
- It shall be the duty of the Distinguished Alumni Service Awards Committee to make the final selection of those to receive the award and to make such recommendations to MTSA President’s Council.
- The alumni members of the Distinguished Alumni Service Awards Committee shall be appointed by the chairperson of the MTSA Alumni Association. Members of the committee shall select the chair.
- Distinguished Alumni Service Awards Committee members may be selected from the Alumni Committee.
VI. Recipient Presentation
- The award shall be given at the annual Commencement Exercise or other appropriate setting as determined by the Awards committee.