The mission of the Nelda F. Ackerman Learning Resource Center is to foster the advancement of education, research, scholarship, and professional practice in nurse anesthesia by providing access for students, faculty, and staff to the information needed to support and enhance these activities.
In response to this mission, the Nelda F. Ackerman Learning Resource Center will be an essential service of Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia as a leader in academic and professional excellence in graduate nurse anesthesia education. The Learning Resource Center will serve as the institutional center for academic information services and resources.
- Excellence: The Learning Resource Center seeks excellence in all of its endeavors and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Integrity: The Learning Resource Center will represent Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia’s ethic of honesty, integrity, and trust .
- Service: The Learning Resource Center is committed to responsive and outstanding service for students, faculty, and staff in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ethics: The Learning Resource Center values adherence to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Locate, evaluate, select, organize, and create quality information resources for students, faculty, and staff.
- Acquire and organize an appropriate collection of published material, and provide effective means to access information.
- Offer resources in a variety of formats, such as print, non-print, and electronic (including remote access).
- Provide and maintain a facility conducive to study and to the use of the library collection and services.
- Provide reference, consulting, and information services to aid the students, faculty, and staff in meeting their information needs.
- Provide training and instructional services to support users in accessing and making optimal use of information resources.
- Provide students, faculty, and staff access to a variety of materials in other institutions through cooperative arrangements.